all ages and abilities welcome
The Piano Room students receive a solid musical foundation
upon which to build a lifetime of music-making.
Students at The Piano Room benefit from a well-balanced program of musical activities designed to strengthen theory and keyboard knowledge while developing creative and performance skills. Lessons are customized to each student’s strengths, goals, and learning style. A recital is offered each spring and students are invited to play anytime at the church where I am Music Director.
I strongly believe my work is only successful if you are enjoying what you are learning. While structure is beneficial, please never hesitate to let me know if there are other topics you want to explore. This is your work — I consider myself to be your resource. Your time commitment outside of lessons is imperative to your success/ progress, which directly impacts your enjoyment. We all reap what we sow, and musical appetite comes with “eating”. Most learning takes place in a student’s application of what is learned at lessons. It’s my job, then, to equip you to be an independent learner and to guide your practice time so it’s most efficient and effective (and fun!).
Contact me today to schedule a meet-and-greet session. Once enrolled, that meeting constitutes our first lesson. If you decide not to enroll, the meeting is complimentary.
COVID 19 Safety Plan & general hygiene protocol:
Masking is optional. I will wear a well-fitting mask upon a student's request, and if I am sick.
Students who opt for in-person lessons would need to agree to the following Safety Policy:
1. Students must wash or sanitize hands before entering the studio. Bottles of hand sanitizer are in the front entry hall, as well as beside the piano. The hand sanitizer I provide will be CDC approved with at least 60% alcohol. In addition, the bathroom fan vents to the outside, so we will keep the bathroom fan running at all times, and when students are done using the bathroom, we will leave the bathroom door open so the fan will keep conducting air outside.
2. Students who exhibit symptoms of fever, coughing and shortness of breath need to stay home & arrange for an online lesson/ or video instead.
3. Students exposed to Covid can come to lessons providing they wear a tight-fitting mask.
4. Students who test positive for Covid should arrange for an online lesson until they test negative.
5. AIR QUALITY: I keep the studio well ventilated with fresh air and I also have a Eureka Air Purifier NEA120 with a true HEPA filter right beside the upright piano where students will be seated — it was recommended by a medical nurse. The true HEPA filter captures 99. 7% of dust and airborne allergens as small as 0.3 microns such as household dust, model, pet dander, and pollen. It has a UV LED with TiO2 that is supposed to effectively reduce bacteria, virus and mold spores.
6. Students will be seated at the upright piano, and I will be seated at the grand which is at least 12 feet away.
7. SANITIZATION: There will be a plexiglass covering on the music rack to facilitate sanitizing between students. I will also sanitize the keyboard and chair between each student. I will completely sanitize the bathroom and door knobs at the end of each day.
8. BUFFER TIME: a 15-minute buffer time is added in between students, when possible, to allow for proper air exchange.
Copyright © 2020 The Piano Room. All rights reserved.